- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 tub (16 oz.) Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Betty Crocker™ Red and Green Cookie Icings
- Betty Crocker™ Writing Gel (assorted colors)
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 21 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake mix as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
- Bake 14 to 19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spread frosting evenly on cupcakes. Using photo as a guide, pipe cookie icings to make light strands, and pipe writing gels to make lights. Store covered in refrigerator.