Chocolate Peanut Butter Apple Pops
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knees peanut butter spread
- 1 large apple
- 1/4 lb. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, gently melted
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, splits or large pieces
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Parchment paper
- Place the peanuts in a wide, shallow bowl or plate and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a bowl set on top of a pan of water that’s just come to a boil and been removed from heat. Gently stir until just melted.
- Slice off a small amount of skin on the left and right side of apple. Cut the apple into 5 slices. The center slice will be the core, discard it (or use it for compost or snack around the seeds).
- Use a knife to make a small slit at the bottom of each apple slice and insert a popsicle stick and push it in about 1-inch.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on one side of each apple slice.
- Press the peanut butter side of each apple slice onto the peanuts to coat.
- Dip each apple slice in melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy immediately, or store refrigerated, either wrapped or in an airtight container, for up to 2 days.