- 1 can of crescent roll dough (8 rolls per can)
- 8 links of chicken or pork breakfast sausage – raw or pre-cooked (just cook to browned or until heated through, if they’re pre-cooked)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. heavy cream, milk or oat milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 shakes of ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ½ Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped (or 1 t dried chives)
- ½ Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 4 slices Borden® Melts – American Cheese Slices
Cheese substitution options:
- Borden® Melts Extra Sharp Cheddar
- Borden® Pepper Jack Singles Fat Free
- Borden® American Singles
- Borden® American Singles Lactose Free
- Borden® American Singles 2% Milk
- PREHEAT: oven to 350°F
- COOK: sausages over medium heat in a skillet until fully cooked and nicely browned. Set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- WHISK: the eggs together, reserving 1 tablespoon of egg for brushing onto the crescents, before they go into the oven. Pour the cream or milk into the remaining whisked eggs, and whisk, again, until cream/milk is fully incorporated.
- MELT: the butter over medium heat in a small skillet and scramble the remaining eggs. Season the eggs with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chives. Remove from heat and set aside.
- UNROLL AND SEPARATE: your crescent roll-ups from each other. Cut your cheese slices in half, diagonally, to form triangles. Put 1 slice of Borden cheese onto the crescent triangle. Next, put about a teaspoon of scrambled eggs and then a chicken sausage link on top of that.
- ROLL UP: each crescent around the egg, cheese and sausage to form a nice, tight stuffed pastry roll. Brush each one with the egg wash that you saved from step 3 and sprinkle with your preferred topping(s). We suggest fresh herbs (like thyme), flaky sea salt or chili flakes.
- PLACE: the crescent rolls on a standard cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, spacing them out evenly so that they can rise to bake without touching each other.
- BAKE: for 15-20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.