This healthy quinoa salad with citrus is fresh and zesty. It’s perfect as a side dish or as a vegetarian main dish.
- 1 bag Success® Tri-Color Quinoa
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1/3 cup prepared zesty Italian dressing
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 seedless navel orange, segmented
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions, substituting orange juice for water; add asparagus and peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain quinoa and veggies; let cool completely.
- In large bowl, toss together quinoa mixture, dressing, honey, salt, and pepper. Stir in orange segments and red onion slices until well coated. Top with feta cheese.
Substitute 1 can (11oz) Mandarin oranges, sliced for navel orange.
Pro Tip: If desired, add cooked chicken, shrimp or chickpeas to the salad for a quick and easy dinner solution.