- 1 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/4 small apple, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 generous dash cinnamon
- 2 slices cinnamon-swirl bread
- 2 slices Borden® Sharp Cheddar Singles
- Melt half the butter in a small, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in apples and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the apples have softened and lightly browned.
- Remove apples from saucepan and combine with cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread half of the remaining butter on one side of one slice of bread. Place butter-side down in the skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1 slice of Borden® Sharp Cheddar cheese on top.
- Spoon apple mixture over cheese.
- Top with remaining slice of cheese.
- Spread remaining butter on second slice of. Complete the sandwich with the top slice of bread, butter-side facing up.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes, until the bread has browned. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes until second side has browned. Remove from heat, slice, and enjoy.
Remove from heat and cover the sandwich with a pot lid for 1-2 minutes to let cheese if the bread is browning too quickly