Make a tender pulled pork in a slow cooker with a Malta India sauce and a sweet and spicy chipotle. Experience this delicious pulled pork on a bun topped with a tasty coleslaw.
- 4 lb. boneless pork shoulder
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp. salt
- 1 7oz. can chipotle sauce
- 1 12oz. bottle Malta India
- 1/2 cup bitter orange marinade
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 3 cups coleslaw
- Mix garlic, pepper, oregano, olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Cut slits in pork, fill with garlic mixture, rub remaining mixture on pork and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Set the slow cooker to sear and place the pork in the slow cooker and brown the pork on all sides. Add chipotle salsa, Malta India, bitter orange marinade & tomato paste, stir.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours cooking on low or 4 hours cooking on high.
- In a container, combine hot water, sugar, vinegar, and salt. Cover and shake until well combined. Toss coleslaw with pickling juice. Cover and set aside.
- Shred meat using a fork or thongs, season with salt to taste, serve on buns with slaw.