- 9 lb. French Cut Turkey (boneless turkey breast with the leg attached. Regular turkey breast or turkey legs will work for recipe)
- 3 quarts warm water
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- 4 cans Monster’s Mango Loco
- 1 yellow onion – minced (save onion peels)
- 5 cloves fresh garlic – minced
- 1 cup whiskey (Jack Daniel’s)
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dark chili Powder
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- ½ bunch cilantro
- Thaw turkey completely. Mix warm water and salt until dissolved, then add Monster’s Mango Loco. Place turkey in the solution, cover and place in refrigerator for 6-8 hour or up to 24 hours.
- BBQ Sauce: heat saucepan, add 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil and sauté onions and garlic for 1-2 min. Pour Whiskey in hot pan carefully. If cooking with gas, the whiskey may ignite and burn off (that is ok). Add remaining ingredients, bring to a soft boil, and then reduce heat to low simmer for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove Thyme sprig and blend sauce in a blender till smooth. Check taste with salt and pepper. Set to the side when finished.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove turkey from brine solution and place in a roasting pan on top of onion peels. Roast turkey for 30-40min. Pull turkey from oven and spoon on a coating of the BBQ sauce to coat all of turkey. Place back in the oven and roast on 350°F for 30min or until Turkey reaches 165 degrees. Rest for 15min and then carve and serve with BBQ sauce.