Wonderfully fragrant with warm spices and a hint of heat, this glazed ham makes an inviting main for any holiday or special occasion.
- 1 cup sweetened apple cider
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In medium saucepan set over medium heat, stir together apple cider, brown sugar, honey, apple cider vinegar, mustard, thyme, chili powder, salt, black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, hot pepper flakes, cloves and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly to syrupy consistency.
- Arrange ham in small roasting pan fitted with rack. Brush with 1/4 cup glaze.
- Bake, basting halfway through with 1/4 cup glaze, for 45 to 55 minutes or until glaze has caramelized and instant-read thermometer registers 160°F when inserted into center.
- Serve ham with remaining glaze.
Substitute hot pepper flakes with cayenne pepper if desired.