- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- 12 oz raw, ground chorizo sausage
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 24 slices Borden® Melts Pepper Jack singles
- ¾ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- PREHEAT the oven to 180°F.
- COMBINE tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl to make the pico de gallo. Set aside.
- HEAT a medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up the chorizo, until it has browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chorizo to a strainer placed over a bowl to drain off any fat; set aside.
- PLACE skillet over medium heat and put 1 tortilla in the center. Top tortilla with 3 slices of cheese, ¼ of the drained chorizo and another 3 more pieces of cheese. Top with a tortilla.
- COOK for 2 minutes or until the bottom tortilla is lightly browned. Using a large spatula, flip the tortilla and cook for about 1 minute on the other side. Transfer the cooked quesadilla to a plate and place in the warming oven. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- CUT each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Top with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, and sour cream.