Petite peas and mushrooms are delicious with this simple brown butter sauce. Brown the butter by carefully cooking it until the milk solids toast or caramelize. It gives the veggies a nutty, savory flavor that’s tasty anytime, even during the holidays.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar (8 oz.) Del Monte® Mushroom Stems and Pieces, well drained
- 2 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) Del Monte® Very Young Small Sweet Peas, drained
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped chives and/or parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Pat mushrooms very dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté about 5 minutes until browned. Push mushrooms to one side of the pan and lower heat to medium.
- Add butter and garlic. Cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until butter melts, foams and develops golden brown specks.
- Stir in peas and cook about 1 minute until warmed. Remove from heat; stir in chopped chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with additional herbs.